Thursday, February 20, 2014

What Matters

So I can't find much from 1997.  That was my Senior year of high school and I was in AP English.  I don't think we did much poetry writing.  But then I went to college in the fall of 1997.  Good times.  Most of this poetry is dated, but some isn't, and most of what is dated is dated 1998.  So by now I am 18, living on my own for the first time, and I loved it!  I had a poetry class, and so I started to write a lot of poetry and it was starting to evolve into stuff that really wasn't half bad.  But this next poem, isn't really one of those.  Ha ha!  It didn't have a date or a title, so I am going to call it:

What Matters

Look at her.
Is she lovely?  Is she beauty?
Look at her.
Every dream she's ever dreamed
Every hope she's ever hoped.
Smashed on the rocks of acquiescence.
All she ever truly wanted
Was to feel loved.
But nobody wanted to love her.
I suppose they found her to be
Unworthy of love.
But she deemed herself worthy.
And that's what matters...

No comments:

Post a Comment