Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Starburst

The instructions for this writing exercise say, "Take a really busy walk or ride."  And I may have written this after watching Face/Off.  Not really sure, but I think the second to last line comes from that movie.

Starburst

Get ready
John Travolta's come back.
Post-modern architecture might be nice
If you like looking at that sort of thing.
My belly itches
But at least they keep the streets clean.
As I pull my window shut,
I see my reflection and glare.
Ain't love grand?
You people are pretty quick.
My underwear is riding
And soon I'll hear,
"Bite me, you fruity-looking geek."
I actually understand the game now:
Just replace the ball boy
With an over caffeinated monkey.
But I'm still having fun,
Like a starburst.
For everything else there's
A drunk Marlin Brandol guessing your weight.
It's very important to remember that.
There's nothing like having your
Face cut off in the middle of your sleep.
And the party never ends.

(January 15, 1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment