Sunday, March 16, 2014

Osculate Wildly

As I was going through my final portfolio for my Creative Writing class, I noticed some of the poems in this folder were refined and polished.  Excellent.  Here's another poem that I posted before, but this one has a few slight changes.  Here's the final draft of Distraction.  It's not really called Distraction after all.

Osculate Wildly

As I dip my foot in the paint
And streak the canvas with my big toe
You touch me.
You touch my shoulder
Sending a thrill throughout my body.
I continue to create with my feet;
You kiss my throat.
I wonder how long this will take.
My feet are soiled with hues of blue and red.
You don't seem to care
And your lips touch mine.
My feet cease for the moment.
But let me finish my art.
As I resume painting
You continue osculating my shoulders and back.
You just can't stop.
I've never done this before.
This is an experiment I've been longing to try.
Finally it's complete.
You lift me off the floor and carry me,
So as not to dirty the carpet,
To where you'll wash away the colors
And restore my toes to their original state.
But kissing me is still on your mind
And when you set me on the tub's edge
I shouldn't be surprised to find your mouth on mine.

(January 20, 1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment