Saturday, March 1, 2014

Improvisations and Commentary

These next few are from my writing exercise called "Improvisations and Commentary".  I wasn't really sure if the commentary part was what my professor really wanted, but that's what she got.

Improvs:

Oh, what a perfect day this would be if you were only gone.  It isn't how we play the game - it's whether or not we win.  But who cares? Nothing is in vain.  It's all for a good cause.

Cameras take pictures and take away your soul. Joey's mother's pocket has grown too small. Hop away. Tomorrow always comes for someone.  Distress is finalizing your wrinkled state of mind.  Please forgive my thoughtlessness.

School's open so come teach me something new. Exciting adventures lie around every corner.  I want to share them with you, even though your eyes are purple and say things you don't mean.  Come, join the party.

Improving, twisting, turning. Shake, dog, shake.  It's all wrong.  It's all right.  Negative emotions fill this room. Kill them with a spoon.  It's never enough for caterpillars at noon.

Commentary:

Judging others come so naturally to the human, but sometimes we are blinded by the stereotypes which mean nothing.  Keeping this in mind:  I hate you because you listen to stupid music.

(January 27, 1998)


No comments:

Post a Comment