Friday, March 21, 2014

The Parts That Can Be Seen

This poem is really silly.  It feels like I took a bunch of random things that I saw in my textbooks and mixed it up with a few of my own thoughts.  I really can't remember now, though.  So I tweeked it a little. I gave it a title and changed the word "Personally" to "Personality" on the last line.  This one wasn't submitted into my portfolio either, so I feel I can do that.  Actually, I can do whatever I want.  These are my poems after all. ;)

The Parts That Can Be Seen

The parts that can be seen
I shall be too late!
Beginning, then, with the first
Of the qualities above noticed
He has removed the white bishop's pawn,
Which was guarding White's Bishop
O world! O life! O time!
Mucor is called the pin mold also.
The outline of an economy of signification!
Praise God and God's mother
For if this is what you desire,
I am ready to melt you into one.
Tropical nests which may be attacked
By snakes and monkeys are often covered.
Venus of Willendorf is all body,
Nefertiti all head.
Personality, often unnecessary.

(Started in March 1998/Revised March 21, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment