Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Trapped In A Mirror

Trapped In A Mirror

I saw a girl
Who looked like me.
She had eyes like me
And her hair was the
Same color as mine.
She smiled when I smiled
She laughed when I laughed
She even moved as I moved
I wondered why she wanted
To be just like me.
Why she wanted to
Be me.
Can't she be herself?
Or someone else?
Then I realized her life.
Trapped in a mirror.
Not knowing what it's like to be free.
I smiled
She smiled
Understanding, I turned
As she turned to go
Simultaneously, we walked away
But what is her perspective?
What are her thoughts of me?
Living her life in mirror
Her world is different than mine?
Or is it the same?
Do I see her
As she sees me?
Am I the one
Trapped in a mirror?
Is she the one who's free?

(January 20, 1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment