Thursday, May 15, 2014

Zachary's Song

A long time ago, when my kids were babies and I don't think Kaleb (my youngest), was even born yet, I was watching Oprah.  Yeah.  I used to watch Oprah.  I stopped in like 2006 though.  I think.  Any way, she had a guest on who wrote her kids their own song.  I thought that was amazing.  I wish I could do that.  Then I thought.  Well, I write poetry.  Why can't I just make up a little tune to sing them when they go to sleep? They aren't long.  They're very simple and very sweet.
Here's Zachary's.  He's 13 now and once in a great while, he still wants to hear it.

Zachary's Song

My little Zachary,
I often think of who you'll be.
You are so sweet,
And you are so kind.
So as you go to sleep tonight,
Remember I love you.
I always do.
You are my sweetheart.
You always will be.
So sleep and dream of happy things.
My special Zachary.

(2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment