Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The World Wasn't Really Simple

This one is terrible.  It's non-congruous and pretty much word vomit.  But I know who it's about.  I just can't really figure out why I was thinking about this person at this time.  I joined Facebook in 2008.  Maybe that's it.  I had caved.  I didn't really see the point of it, but now I guess I do.  Maybe I had sent them a friend request and I was nervous about whether or not they would accept it.  They did.

The World Wasn't Really Simple

I'm looking to the sky
Trying to just breathe the air,
But it's hard not to choke
Because there are so many tears

Remember when we were kids?
The world wasn't really simple.
I loved you then.
You didn't.

I know I dreamt of our life together.
It didn't turn out that way.
I wonder what you are doing now.
Do you ever think of me?

But I am happy.
I hope you are, too.

(January 7, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment