Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Fantasy Is Gone

The Fantasy Is Gone

You keep asking me if ever I will forget.
But I can't forget how it felt
To stand in front of you naked
And you looked the other way.

So this storm ends.
But I don't see you the way I once did.
I found a piece of me on the floor
And knew I was no longer whole.

When I tried to put it back,
It didn't quite fit the same.
Because we are not the same
Maybe it means we can change.

I don't want us to be over.
I don't want to our dreams to die.
The fantasy is gone
And sometimes it's hard to try.

When I'm alone
I can't help but wonder
How things would be different
If we had never been together.

The hurt and anger is hard to let go of.
It seems to be the place I live.
I am waiting for the spring's thaw
To break through the surface.

Your light warms my skin
And I start to melt.
I turn my face toward the sun
And soak in your heat.

I'm hanging over the edge of the cliff
And I'm holding on to you for dear life
Please don't let me go
Just don't let me go

It takes time to freeze,
So I will need time as well
Time to remember what's so great
About me.

(April 26, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment