Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Untitled

So this next crappy poem.  Well, I couldn't post it all those days ago.  You see, it's about death and I had just found out a family member of mine was in the hospital.  So while it is still a crappy poem, I was just too emotional to post it.  I wanted to write a poem for my family member, but I just couldn't at the time.  December is the most busy month of my year.  So much happens and so many people demand so much from me.  But my family member (while not out of the woods just yet) is back home from the hospital and  doing much better, so I think I can finally post this one.

Untitled

Letting go of you...
Realizing you were never mine
You ran out of time.
My clock still ticks.

How I love you still.
Going on isn't easy.
I sit in my window sill.
It is a bit breezy.

I only see gray.
Where is my world of color?
It left the day,
The day you died.

(August 7, 1994)

Yeah.  That "It is a bit breezy" line gets me, too.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment