Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Poem For Brian

When I started this blog, my brother-in-law said, "Hey, Melissa, will you write me a poem?"  Of course I said I would.  I'm just way too nice like that.  So Brian, here is your crappy poem.  Hee hee!  I started out trying to make it rhyme, but then I just gave up.  I hope you like it!

A Poem For Brian

I think you know
But maybe you don’t.
You have a smile for everyone.
And a song, too.

Yes, you know.
You know what love can do.
And I marvel at the way
You can find the joke midst the anger.

You seem glad to see me.
You make everything fun
When you wisecrack and laugh
My troubles start to melt away.

Or forgotten for a little while.
And perhaps not quite as big
As I thought they were.
And yes.  I think you know.

(December 25, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment