Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Moon

Assignment #5 might be tricky.  Hopefully I can get it to look the way it should.  I remember when I was making it at the time, I had to include my name and the date to make it work, so this one actually has a date on it. :)

"Assignment 5:  Create a concrete poem where the words are arranged to look like or suggest the subject."


The Moon

Craters of  dust. 
Craters of silvers.  The pale white light 
we enjoy                                 in the night.  The
mystery                                             The history.  How
far to                                                       the nearest star?  The
ro                                                                 mance.  In the mo
                                                                       onlight we dance
                                                                             together.  Forget
                                                                                   ing when the sun
                                                                                    steals the glory
                                                                                        we may never
                                                                                             know again.  
                                                                                             For then my 
                                                                                      soul will 
                                                                                          ache at the 
                                                                                              break of dawn.  
So                                                                              on sunlight 
will                                                                     pour across 
my face,                                                          but for now 
the twilight                                               lingers on 
and I live in ecstasy.  - Melissa Sharp
March 22, 1994


I've been obsessed with the moon for a very long time.  It's only fitting really, that I should write a poem about it.  Here it is written out normal just in case that was a little difficult to read.  I actually had to re-do the layout of some of the letters and I think the one above is actually easier to read than the one in the Poetry Unit I turned in so long ago.

The Moon

Craters of dust.
Craters of silvers.
The pale white light we enjoy in the night.
The mystery.  
The history.
How far to the nearest star?
The romance.
In the moonlight we dance together.
Forgetting when the sun steals the glory
We may never know again.
For then my soul will ache at the break of dawn.
Soon sunlight will pour across my face,
But for now the twilight lingers on
And I live in ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment