Monday, November 25, 2013

Purpose

So there was this post going around facebook where your friend would post a random number of things about them and if you "Liked" thier post, you would be given a number and have to write that many random things about yourself and then when people "Liked" your post, you would have to give those people a number and they would have to do the same thing you just did on their wall.  It could go on forever (just like that sentence I just wrote).
I did it.  One of those things about myself was that I used to write poetry.  I still have all of this poetry in binders and other odd places, too.  I don't write any more, and I wish I did.  But my sister told me I should start a poetry blog.  Not that I don't already have enough to do.  I can think of a million excuses not to start this blog.  Including one that is petty.  I am kind of mad at her and therefore any suggestion that she has for me is automatically rejected.  But the best reason I can think of to go ahead and do it is that I like this idea.  I like it.  And because I like it, I want to do it.
I'm pretty good at doing things that I want to do.
So I am going to dig up my old poetry from when I was a dark emo girl (Seriously, I was emo before that word was invented.), and post it here.  I'm not sure how I feel about the title of this blog yet, so it may change.  But that's okay.  I think this is going to be fun for me.  So get ready.
This is either going to be really good, or really bad.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha. you're still really mad at me. ;-) If it gets too emo you can write new happy poems too. I thought you'd enjoy this creative outlet...poetry can be fun. Remember when you had a class in college and told me about some type of poetry style so Brian and I wrote poems like that for FHE? I wonder if I still have those. hmm. Do you have poems from that class still? You don't want this blog to be completely depressing or mean or anything. Maybe don't share EVERY emo poem you ever wrote...? Sometimes digging up old feelings that were best left forgotten can be bad, but if they have real artistic merit and aren't going to cause you to re-feel and re-live your anger then it's probably ok. Seriously though, if something you wrote will hurt someone else's feelings or is something bad about another person who has moved past whatever it was, it's best not to share those. For your own self- you don't want to become emo again because you can't let go; living with hate hurts yourself more than anyone else, and since you aren't selfish you will care that it does hurt others too. If it's something you can laugh about now and so can the others involved then it's probably safe. The beautiful thing about life is making new poetry. I'm hoping you write new stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I had a feeling you were still mad at me. I wrote a huge long letter to you but I didn't post it because I already know that when you are mad at me you will reject anything I say- even if it's nice and with the best of intentions. I've been debating sending it to you since I had a feeling you were still mad, but I couldn't decide if it was just me being stubborn trying to get the last word in and I should just let sleeping dogs lie, or if I really should say my peace because you are still mad. I'll let you decide. If you want my letter let me know.

    ReplyDelete